7 Sample Biodata Format For Marriage With Bonus Writing Tips!
Biodata format for marriage – Downloadable samples and templates
Biodata format for marriage is a concise document that outlines a brief profile of the man or woman who is interested in getting married through arranged marriage. This document may include details such as vital statistics (height / body type / skin color), religion and / or caste, educational qualifications, professional background, family background, contact details along with a summary of partner expectations.
Jodi Logik has lined up five different biodata format for marriage templates for download. Three of these biodata formats for marriage are in PDF format while we have two attractive biodata format for marriage in Word format. We have also included marriage biodata sample content suitable for a boy and a girl so that you can use these as a reference when creating your biodata for marriage.
We have included marriage biodata sample content suitable for a boy and a girl so that you can use these as a reference when creating your biodata for marriage. Considering the fact that some of us may have a unique personal situation, we have included a marriage biodata format for a handicapped man as well.
Why we love this biodata format?
This biodata format for marriage achieves two important goals that most of us ignore – 1. The layout and the organization of content don’t make it look like another job resume format, 2. The biodata format highlights all the key information and the photo to allow for a quick review of the document.
Why we love this marriage biodata sample?
This biodata sample has an exceptionally well-written partner expectations. The boy clearly brings out the fact that he travels a lot and hence expects his future wife to be career oriented and have the ability to lead an independent life during his absence.
Why we love this marriage biodata?
Handicapped people face twin challenges in arranged marriages. First of all, their self-esteem has already taken a beating and they are defined by their handicapped. The second challenge is that their options to look for a prospective match are limited (for all practical purposes) to other physically challenged men or women. In some cases, women from economically weaker sections of the society may marry a handicapped man because of their personal situation. This biodata sample brings out the personality of the man without resorting to using phrases that demonstrate self-pity or defensiveness.
Why we love this biodata format?
In this sample bio data, you will notice that the boy has called out all of his likes and dislikes clearly not only in the expectations section but also in the about myself section. The highlight of this biodata is the fact that your expectations and interests have a direct bearing on the person reading your bio data. Calling out how your lifestyle could change or influence the lifestyle of the person that you intend to marry is something that we can learn from.
Why we love this matrimonial biodata sample?
While second marriages
are definitely on the rise in India, women as well as men tend to get defensive about why they got divorced when writing their biodata for marriage. In this sample, you will notice that the girl has confidently highlighted the positive outcome that came out of her divorce.
If you just need to download a simple marriage biodata format for marriage so that you can use them as a template, download one of the documents. The first one doesn’t include details of parents as well as horoscope relation information. The second marriage biodata format includes both!
6. Click on the image below to download the sample biodata format in Word.
7. Click on the image below to download the modern version of biodata format in Word
Once you download a biodata format for marriage template, you can click on the relevant sections to fill in the information based on the labels or instructions.
We have also included samples for “About Me” and “Expectations“ so that you can write something that is meaningful and truly represents your personality.
Need real-world examples of how to write about yourself for your marriage biodata? Click here to read our in-depth article.
Why your biodata format for marriage is useless!
The first step in any arranged marriage is to create a marriage biodata or biodata for marriage. The marriage data comes in handy in the following scenarios:
- Parents can circulate a printed copy of the marriage biodata among family and friends.
- People who express interest through online matrimony expect to see a marriage biodata before initiating a conversation or a arranged marriage first meeting.
But, the challenge is in finding the right format for your marriage biodata. The search term “marriage biodata format” seems to be very popular. On an average, there are over 2000 searches every month for “marriage biodata format” as you can see below.
While there is a big demand for a marriage biodata format, the options available on the Internet fall short of requirements. Here are a few reasons why:
Here are a few reasons why biodata formats for marriage available elsewhere are inadequate!
- Most of the marriage biodata formats available online resemble a job resume. They are devoid of any character (in other words, design) and are boring!
- If you use a generic marriage biodata format, you will end up doing your best to hide your personality and make yourself a part of the “crowd” of marriage biodata that people use.
- Focussing only on hard facts with the aim of shortlisting a prospective match and then sharing more details is a great idea. The only problem is that its a huge waste of your time and invariably sets you up for disappointment. You will realize that when you meet a shortlisted match, they will not meet your expectations or vice versa!
- Not having a custom biodata for marriage makes you a great candidate for outright rejection. Would you buy a soap wrapped in a white paper and has no label on it?
Here is what you will see when you search for a marriage biodata format! If you look closely, you will fall asleep!
That’s why we believe not having a proper marriage biodata format is a lost opportunity for:
- Standing out from the crowd – Differentiate yourself by sharing a biodata that is significantly different from what others typically use.
- Creating a great first impression – Scientists have found that people form an impression in 1/10th of a second. Use a great marriage biodata format for getting noticed and most importantly get more responses from prospective matches.
- Interacting with the right matches – Use the right marriage biodata format to share all the information you will need to weed out mismatched profiles. There is no value in wasting time with people that cannot meet your expectations or vice versa.
10 writing tips for your marriage biodata
We have lined up the best tips for coming up with an attractive marriage biodata.
1. Choose the right template for biodata for marriage: Yes, there are different ways of presenting yourself through your marriage biodata. This depends on what information you want to project. If you choose the wrong biodata model for marriage, you will end up discounting everything you value.
2. Spelling and grammar: Use tools like Grammarly (their free version is good enough) when writing your marriage biodata. Grammar mistakes and spelling errors can get your marriage biodata straight to the trash can.
3. About yourself: Writing about yourself is probably the most important section in any marriage biodata format. Write about your personality, lifestyle, interests, talents, aspirations, and hobbies to name a few. Listing hobbies in marriage biodata for the sake of listing them is no good. Provide specific examples or details such as the name of your favorite book is you have listed reading as a hobby.
4. Profile photograph: This is probably one aspect of your marriage biodata that will decide if you get a call or you will hear silence. So choose your profile photograph wisely. Here are some great tips to creating an attractive matrimonial profile photograph.
5. Express expectations: Being honest and upfront in expressing expectations through your biodata for marriage is a good way to screen people that don’t match your expectations. Please do not list only your dislikes, but don’t shy away from listing non-negotiable (such as smoking, drinking habits).
6. Calling out sensitive information: If you are a divorcee, have a physical disability or have any other sensitive information that you believe will help others quickly decide if they want to have the next round of conversation, please remember to call it out in your marriage biodata.
7. Horoscope: if you believe in astrology and a horoscope match, include basic information such as your birth star, sub-sect, place and time of birth. A detailed horoscope can be exchanged if there is a preliminary match and interest.
8. Skin color: While it is OK to include height and body type (lean, medium built, toned to name a few), do not include your skin color and steer clear of “wheatish complexion” as you are only reinforcing racism and stereotypes! In short, avoid mentioning complexion in marriage biodata. Let your profile photograph speak for itself.
9. Salary or money: Steer clear of your salary or your bank balance in your marriage biodata. You don’t want prospective matches attaching too much importance on your bank balance and marriages should happen for the right reasons.
10. Your family: While it is OK to list the names and occupations of your parents, keep in mind that this is your marriage biodata and not a family biodata for marriage! Listing gory details about your parents and grandparents doesn’t really make a difference at this stage of the arranged marriage.
We created 7 different family description samples for your marriage biodata that you can reuse! Click here to read the samples.
Create marriage biodata for FREE using Jodi Logik.
SIGN UP FOR FREE LEARN MORE