Biodata format for marriage – Downloadable samples and templates
Biodata format for marriage is a concise document that outlines a brief profile of the man or woman who is interested in getting married through arranged marriage. This document may include details such as vital statistics (height/body type/skin colour), religion and/or caste, educational qualifications, professional background, family background, contact details along with a summary of partner expectations.
Jodi Logik has lined up nine different biodata format for marriage templates for download. Seven of these biodata formats for marriage are in a PDF format while we have two attractive biodata format for marriage in Word format. We have also included marriage biodata sample content suitable for a boy and a girl so that you can use these as a reference when creating your biodata for marriage.
We have included marriage biodata sample content suitable for a boy and a girl so that you can use these as a reference when creating your biodata for marriage. Considering the fact that some of us may have a unique personal situation, we have included a marriage biodata format for a handicapped man as well.
1. Biodata for Matrimony for a Girl
Biodata format for marriage – Working girl from a traditional family
If you like the sample biodata, we just made it easy for you to copy the transcripts for the About Myself and Expectations sections. Make sure you modify it for your own biodata.
I am a petite, cheerful person with a happy and contended life. I am currently working for IBM in Bangalore as a Sr. Data Analyst.
I love painting and you will find some of my painting adorning the walls of a few offices in Bangalore! I use my paintings to shine a spotlight on the beauty of nature all around us.
My parents tell me I am quite handy when it comes to taking up household chores. Actually, I enjoy decorating my home but I am also a stickler for cleanliness. I love spending time with my family and have a big circle of friends as well.
I am looking for a tall and handsome professional based out of Bangalore. He should have a fulfilling career and should be able to support my career as well.
I travel occasionally and I am hoping to find someone who will be available to spend time with me. I prefer a teetotaler. Smoking is also a strict no-no.
I have a modern outlook on life but I believe in traditional values such as respect for parents and helping others in need. I am willing to change my opinions if you can convince me and you should be open-minded about your opinions as well.
Why we love this biodata format?
This biodata format for marriage achieves two important goals that most of us ignore – 1. The layout and the organisation of content don’t make it look like another job resume format, 2. The biodata format highlights all the key information and the photo to allow for a quick review of the document.
2. Sample Biodata for Marriage for a Man
Biodata format for marriage – Businessman, parents no more
If you like the sample marriage biodata, just copy the transcripts for the About Myself and Expectations sections. Make sure you modify it to suit your personal situation.
I am a self-made man that has been through a lot of challenges in life. I am currently the MD of Sethi Exports & Imports, Mumbai.
I rely on yoga to maintain a balance in my life and deal with my work pressure. I end up travelling a lot to meet my customers. I love the surprises that spring up on my travels and love meeting people from different cultures and backgrounds.
I believe that there is a lot to learn from this world and have a deep sense of curiosity. Reading is yet another passion that I pursue whenever I find the time. Keeping up with politics, economy, social issues and culture keep me charged up.
I am looking to marry a career-oriented, Hindu girl who is financially independent, strong-willed, and has a strong network of family and friends. Caste does not matter to me and
I am a teetotaler and a non-smoker and hence expect the women I marry to appreciate my preference.
My business requires that I spend over 6-months in the year travelling outside Indian. Ability to lead an independent life while I am away is a key requirement. I am based out of Mumbai, and I will prefer to marry someone from Mumbai or Pune.
I don’t believe in horoscope matching. However, I can send my horoscope if required.
Why we love this marriage biodata sample?
This biodata sample has an exceptionally well-written partner expectations
. The boy clearly brings out the fact that he travels a lot and hence expects his future wife to be career oriented and have the ability to lead an independent life during his absence.
3. Marriage Biodata Sample For A Handicapped Man
Biodata format for marriage – Handicapped boy living with parents
Just copy the transcripts for the About Myself and Partner Expectations sections from this sample and use it for your own biodata for marriage.
I am a 25-year old man from a conservative, Arora family in Amritsar. I lost my legs in a road accident 5-years ago. I did go through a lot of struggles as I went through physical rehabilitation and adjustment to my new lifestyle on wheels!
My rather unfortunate experience has a silver lining as well. My perspective towards life and what we take for granted has changed completely and I am now a much more confident and determined in my pursuits. I live each day as if it is my last day on earth and enjoy life to the fullest extent.
I am financially independent and run a successful corporate training and consulting business from home. My family and friends have been my pillar of support.
I am looking for an educated woman who has an independent career of her own. I am searching for someone who can see beyond the fact that I am bound to my wheelchair. Height (or any other physical disability) certainly doesn’t matter to me :).
While I have grown up to handle everything that life can throw at me, I am looking for a companion who wouldn’t mind providing a helping hand when I am outside. It would be great to marry someone who has prior exposure in working with physically disabled people or have been exposed to their lifestyle.
Someone with a great sense of humour, having experienced adversity and overcome them in the past will probably be able to appreciate my point of view better.
Why we love this marriage biodata?
Handicapped people face twin challenges in arranged marriages. First of all, their self-esteem has already taken a beating and they are defined by their handicapped. The second challenge is that their options to look for a prospective match are limited (for all practical purposes) to other physically challenged men or women.
In some cases, women from economically weaker sections of the society may marry a handicapped man because of their personal situation. This biodata sample brings out the personality of the man without resorting to using phrases that demonstrate self-pity or defensiveness.
4. Biodata Sample for a Software Engineer
Biodata format for marriage – Software engineer who enjoys travelling
We made it easy for you to use the content of this sample marriage biodata. Copy the transcripts below and make it your own.
Originally from Hyderabad, I have been living in Chennai for over 10 years. I am 6 feet tall and moderately built. My fitness obsession helps me in keeping my body fat at bay!
My job as a software engineer has made me a patient man and improved my negotiation skills! My job also keeps me on my toes, as I am always trying to learn new skills to keep pace with the changing technology landscape.
I especially value humour, ability to laugh at yourself, being able to communicate, respect for culture, staying healthy, and the freedom to think out of the box.
About my match
I am looking for a killer smile and a spark in her eyes. I am tall, so you will have to be at least 5 feet 5 inches in height.
My future wife should enjoy travelling with me as I follow the Indian cricket team worldwide! It goes without saying that you should know the difference between point and gully.
My prospective match should be a nature lover and enjoy living in a secluded home that is far removed from the hustle and the bustle of the city.
Why we love this biodata format?
In this sample bio data, you will notice that the boy has called out all of his likes and dislikes clearly not only in the expectations section but also in the about myself section. The highlight of this biodata is the fact that your expectations and interests have a direct bearing on the person reading your bio data. Calling out how your lifestyle could change or influence the lifestyle of the person that you intend to marry is something that we can learn from.
5. Indian Marriage Biodata Format for a Girl
Biodata format for marriage – Divorced girl
Copy and reuse the written descriptions for this sample marriage biodata.
I am an outgoing person and I believe in making a difference to those around me.
I run my own non-profit organisation that provides training to victims of domestic abuse so that they can lead an independent life.
I started this initiative as I went through a brief marriage that ended in a divorce. While I had the tools and resources to get back on track, I was moved by the plight of countless other women around me who are trapped in abusive marriages.
I also dabble in painting and I am currently taking painting lessons to develop my skills. Both painting and my social activism give me plenty of opportunities to express myself.
Religion or caste does not matter to me. However, I am looking for someone who respects women, not too egotistical, and an ability to empathise with others.
Having a great sense of humour and not taking yourself too seriously will be a definite plus.
I expect the person I marry to be a non-smoker. Social drinking is acceptable. Career oriented yet having a sense of responsibility towards family are traits that I appreciate a lot in the person I plan to marry.
Divorcees with no children are OK.
Why we love this matrimonial biodata sample?
While second marriages
are definitely on the rise in India, women, as well as men, tend to get defensive about why they got divorced when writing their biodata for marriage. In this sample, you will notice that the girl has confidently highlighted the positive outcome that came out of her divorce.
6. Marriage Biodata Format for Muslim Girl
Biodata format for marriage – Muslim girl
Go ahead, copy and use the descriptions below to create your biodata for marriage.
I am an easy-going person with a positive attitude towards life. I am simple, soft-spoken, respectful, an educated person with the right mix of modern and traditional cultures. I am God fearing and read the Quran every day and perform the Namaz five times a day.
I am an artist who is passionate about Islamic art and calligraphy. I have created fonts based on Islamic art and I currently work as a freelance graphics designer for several e-commerce brands.
I love good food and I also dabble in cooking whenever I get a chance at home.
I am looking for someone who can be a true friend for life. He should be calm, understanding, caring, loving, and at least be moderately religious. While I believe in Allah, I expect my partner to have the open mind to mingle with people from other religions and backgrounds.
My ideal match would be someone who is successful in his career, well settled and has a positive outlook on life even when the going gets tough.
Why we love this marriage biodata sample?
Notice how this Muslim girl has cleverly managed to include details about her religious belief without sounding too traditional. She has indicated how many time she performs namaz, her Umrah and Hajj trips, and has left her decision open regarding hijab after marriage.
7.Marriage Biodata Format for Christian Girl
Biodata format for marriage – Christian girl
Go ahead, copy and use the descriptions below to create your biodata for marriage.
I am a God-fearing, devout Christian with a positive outlook towards life. I take each day as it comes and believes that God has a plan for everyone of us and we will have to be patient for his plan to unfold.
I believe in respecting elders and love the religious as well as cultural traditions of our family. While I am a Tamilian, I have lived all my life in New Delhi and can speak Hindi fluently.
I have a management degree from the Indian Institute of Management, Kozhikode, and work for an IT MNC in New Delhi. I have progressed well in my career and will continue with it after marriage.
I am looking for a God-fearing, honest Roman Catholic Christian. Someone from the same caste will be preferred.
He should be caring, hardworking, and have old-fashioned values such as respect for elders, chivalry, and the deep sense of responsibility to be a torch bearer of the religion and the culture.
Someone who has a successful career, a good educational background and a teetotaler will be an ideal match.
Why we love this template for marriage biodata?
This biodata format for marriage is an example for how a Christian girl projects her beliefs and value systems and the same time striking a balance with contemporary lifestyle. She calls out lifestyle choices and expectations very clearly including offbeat choices such as choosing to be a vegetarian lifestyle when her family is non-vegetarian.
If you just need to download a simple marriage biodata format for marriage so that you can use them as a template, download one of the documents. The first sample bio data below doesn’t include details of parents as well as horoscope relation information. The second marriage biodata format includes both!
8. Click on the image below to download the sample biodata format in Word.
9. Click on the image below to download the modern version of biodata format in Word
Once you download a biodata format for marriage template, you can click on the relevant sections to fill in the information based on the labels or instructions.
We have also included samples for “About Me” and “Expectations“ so that you can write something that is meaningful and truly represents your personality.
Need real-world examples of how to write about yourself for your marriage biodata? Click here to read our in-depth article.
With Jodi Logik, you have two different options to share your stunning marriage biodata.
1. You can create a detailed and stunning online biodata that you can then circulate via trackable email invitations.
2. You can also choose from one of our two simple, yet sophisticated templates for biodata format for marriage to print a summary version of your biodata or download a PDF copy of your marriage biodata.
Why your biodata format for marriage is useless!
The first step in any arranged marriage is to create a marriage biodata or biodata for marriage. The marriage data comes in handy in the following scenarios:
- Parents can circulate a printed copy of the marriage biodata among family and friends.
- People who express interest through online matrimony expect to see a marriage biodata before initiating a conversation or a arranged marriage first meeting.
But, the challenge is in finding the right format for your marriage biodata. The search term “marriage biodata format” seems to be very popular. On an average, there are over 2000 searches every month for “marriage biodata format” as you can see below.
While there is a big demand for a marriage biodata format, the options available on the Internet fall short of requirements. Here are a few reasons why:
Here are a few reasons why biodata formats for marriage available elsewhere are inadequate!
- Most of the marriage biodata formats available online resemble a job resume. They are devoid of any character (in other words, design) and are boring!
- If you use a generic marriage biodata format, you will end up doing your best to hide your personality and make yourself a part of the “crowd” of marriage biodata that people use.
- Focussing only on hard facts with the aim of shortlisting a prospective match and then sharing more details is a great idea. The only problem is that its a huge waste of your time and invariably sets you up for disappointment. You will realise that when you meet a shortlisted match, they will not meet your expectations or vice versa!
- Not having a custom biodata for marriage makes you a great candidate for outright rejection. Would you buy a soap wrapped in a white paper and has no label on it?
Here is what you will see when you search for a marriage biodata format! If you look closely, you will fall asleep!
That’s why we believe not having a proper marriage biodata format is a lost opportunity for:
- Standing out from the crowd – Differentiate yourself by sharing a biodata that is significantly different from what others typically use.
- Creating a great first impression – Scientists have found that people form an impression in 1/10th of a second. Use a great marriage biodata format for getting noticed and most importantly get more responses from prospective matches.
- Interacting with the right matches – Use the right marriage biodata format to share all the information you will need to weed out mismatched profiles. There is no value in wasting time with people that cannot meet your expectations or vice versa.
10 writing tips for your marriage biodata
We have lined up the best tips for coming up with an attractive marriage biodata.
1. Choose the right template for biodata for marriage: Yes, there are different ways of presenting yourself through your marriage biodata. This depends on what information you want to project. If you choose the wrong biodata model for marriage, you will end up discounting everything you value.
2. Spelling and grammar: Use tools like Grammarly (their free version is good enough) when writing your marriage biodata. Grammar mistakes and spelling errors can get your marriage biodata straight to the trash can.
3. About yourself: Writing about yourself is probably the most important section in any marriage biodata format. Write about your personality, lifestyle, interests, talents, aspirations, and hobbies to name a few. Listing hobbies in marriage biodata for the sake of listing them is no good. Provide specific examples or details such as the name of your favourite book is you have listed reading as a hobby.
4. Profile photograph: This is probably one aspect of your marriage biodata that will decide if you get a call or you will hear silence. So choose your profile photograph wisely. Here are some great tips to creating an attractive matrimonial profile photograph.
5. Express expectations: Being honest and upfront in expressing expectations through your biodata for marriage is a good way to screen people that don’t match your expectations. Please do not list only your dislikes, but don’t shy away from listing non-negotiable (such as smoking, drinking habits).
6. Calling out sensitive information: If you are a divorcee, have a physical disability or have any other sensitive information that you believe will help others quickly decide if they want to have the next round of conversation, please remember to call it out in your marriage biodata.
7. Horoscope: if you believe in astrology and a horoscope match, include basic information such as your birth star, sub-sect, place and time of birth. A detailed horoscope can be exchanged if there is a preliminary match and interest.
8. Skin colour: While it is OK to include height and body type (lean, medium built, toned to name a few), do not include your skin colour and steer clear of “wheatish complexion” as you are only reinforcing racism and stereotypes! In short, avoid mentioning complexion in marriage biodata. Let your profile photograph speak for itself.
9. Salary or money: Steer clear of your salary or your bank balance in your marriage biodata. You don’t want prospective matches attaching too much importance on your bank balance and marriages should happen for the right reasons.
10. Your family: While it is OK to list the names and occupations of your parents, keep in mind that this is your marriage biodata and not a family biodata for marriage! Listing gory details about your parents and grandparents doesn’t really make a difference at this stage of the arranged marriage.
We created 7 different family description samples for your marriage biodata that you can reuse! Click here to read the samples.