2. Sample Biodata for Marriage for a Man
Biodata format for marriage – Businessman, parents no more
If you like the sample marriage biodata, just copy the transcripts for the About Myself and Expectations sections. Make sure you modify it to suit your personal situation.
I am a self-made man that has been through a lot of challenges in life. I am currently the MD of Sethi Exports & Imports, Mumbai.
I rely on yoga to maintain a balance in my life and deal with my work pressure. I end up travelling a lot to meet my customers. I love the surprises that spring up on my travels and love meeting people from different cultures and backgrounds.
I believe that there is a lot to learn from this world and have a deep sense of curiosity. Reading is yet another passion that I pursue whenever I find the time. Keeping up with politics, economy, social issues and culture keep me charged up.
I am looking to marry a career-oriented, Hindu girl who is financially independent, strong-willed, and has a strong network of family and friends. Caste does not matter to me and
I am a teetotaler and a non-smoker and hence expect the women I marry to appreciate my preference.
My business requires that I spend over 6-months in the year travelling outside Indian. Ability to lead an independent life while I am away is a key requirement. I am based out of Mumbai, and I will prefer to marry someone from Mumbai or Pune.
I don’t believe in horoscope matching. However, I can send my horoscope if required.
Why we love this marriage biodata sample?
This biodata sample has exceptionally well-written partner expectations
. The boy clearly brings out the fact that he travels a lot and hence expects his future wife to be career oriented and have the ability to lead an independent life during his absence.
3. Marriage Biodata Sample For A Handicapped Man
Biodata format for marriage – Handicapped boy living with parents
Just copy the transcripts for the About Myself and Partner Expectations sections from this sample and use it for your own biodata for marriage.
I am a 25-year old man from a conservative, Arora family in Amritsar. I lost my legs in a road accident 5-years ago. I did go through a lot of struggles as I went through physical rehabilitation and adjustment to my new lifestyle on wheels!
My rather unfortunate experience has a silver lining as well. My perspective towards life and what we take for granted has changed completely and I am now a much more confident and determined in my pursuits. I live each day as if it is my last day on earth and enjoy life to the fullest extent.
I am financially independent and run a successful corporate training and consulting business from home. My family and friends have been my pillar of support.
I am looking for an educated woman who has an independent career of her own. I am searching for someone who can see beyond the fact that I am bound to my wheelchair. Height (or any other physical disability) certainly doesn’t matter to me :).
While I have grown up to handle everything that life can throw at me, I am looking for a companion who wouldn’t mind providing a helping hand when I am outside. It would be great to marry someone who has prior exposure to working with physically disabled people or have been exposed to their lifestyle.
Someone with a great sense of humour, having experienced adversity and overcome them in the past will probably be able to appreciate my point of view better.
Why we love this marriage biodata?
Handicapped people face twin challenges in arranged marriages. First of all, their self-esteem has already taken a beating and they are defined by their handicapped. The second challenge is that their options to look for a prospective match are limited (for all practical purposes) to other physically challenged men or women.
In some cases, women from economically weaker sections of the society may marry a handicapped man because of their personal situation. This biodata sample brings out the personality of the man without resorting to using phrases that demonstrate self-pity or defensiveness.
Want more responses for your marriage biodata? These 5 simple tips can make people want to talk to you! Watch this short video.
4. Biodata Sample for a Software Engineer
Biodata format for marriage – Software engineer who enjoys travelling
We made it easy for you to use the content of this sample marriage biodata. Copy the transcripts below and make it your own.
Originally from Hyderabad, I have been living in Chennai for over 10 years. I am 6 feet tall and moderately built. My fitness obsession helps me in keeping my body fat at bay!
My job as a software engineer has made me a patient man and improved my negotiation skills! My job also keeps me on my toes, as I am always trying to learn new skills to keep pace with the changing technology landscape.
I especially value humour, ability to laugh at yourself, being able to communicate, respect for culture, staying healthy, and the freedom to think out of the box.
About my match
I am looking for a killer smile and a spark in her eyes. I am tall, so you will have to be at least 5 feet 5 inches in height.
My future wife should enjoy travelling with me as I follow the Indian cricket team worldwide! It goes without saying that you should know the difference between point and gully.
My prospective match should be a nature lover and enjoy living in a secluded home that is far removed from the hustle and the bustle of the city.
Why we love this biodata format?
In this sample bio data, you will notice that the boy has called out all of his likes and dislikes clearly not only in the expectations section but also in the about myself section. The highlight of this biodata is the fact that your expectations and interests have a direct bearing on the person reading your bio data. Calling out how your lifestyle could change or influence the lifestyle of the person that you intend to marry is something that we can learn from.
Your biodata for marriage should be impressive and for that, you need a matrimonial biodata format that’s professional and comprehensive!
So we set about deconstructing the matrimonial biodata into various subsections. For example, every marriage biodata is expected to have a photograph, description about yourself and your expectations, a brief write up about your family, your educational and professional background and your lifestyle and interests.
Then we decided to look for proven best practices for each of the above categories based on common sense, personal experiences, and most importantly, based on expert opinion.
We created an in-depth guide on writing marriage biodata!
We created a guide with 8 chapters packed with tips, insights, examples, and advice to help you create a winning marriage biodata or matrimony profile description on any site. It’s all available for free download.
That’s not all, we created separate guides for men and women.
Download your copy today!
5. Indian Marriage Biodata Format for a Girl
Biodata format for marriage – Divorced girl
Copy and reuse the written descriptions for this sample marriage biodata.
I am an outgoing person and I believe in making a difference to those around me.
I run my own non-profit organisation that provides training to victims of domestic abuse so that they can lead an independent life.
I started this initiative as I went through a brief marriage that ended in a divorce. While I had the tools and resources to get back on track, I was moved by the plight of countless other women around me who are trapped in abusive marriages.
I also dabble in painting and I am currently taking painting lessons to develop my skills. Both painting and my social activism give me plenty of opportunities to express myself.
Religion or caste does not matter to me. However, I am looking for someone who respects women, not too egotistical, and an ability to empathise with others.
Having a great sense of humour and not taking yourself too seriously will be a definite plus.
I expect the person I marry to be a non-smoker. Social drinking is acceptable. Career oriented yet having a sense of responsibility towards family are traits that I appreciate a lot in the person I plan to marry.
Divorcees with no children are OK.
Why we love this matrimonial biodata sample?
While second marriages
are definitely on the rise in India, women, as well as men, tend to get defensive about why they got divorced when writing their biodata for marriage. In this sample, you will notice that the girl has confidently highlighted the positive outcome that came out of her divorce.
6. Marriage Biodata Format for Muslim Girl
Biodata format for marriage – Muslim girl
Go ahead, copy and use the descriptions below to create your biodata for marriage.
I am an easy-going person with a positive attitude towards life. I am simple, soft-spoken, respectful, an educated person with the right mix of modern and traditional cultures. I am God fearing and read the Quran every day and perform the Namaz five times a day.
I am an artist who is passionate about Islamic art and calligraphy. I have created fonts based on Islamic art and I currently work as a freelance graphics designer for several e-commerce brands.
I love good food and I also dabble in cooking whenever I get a chance at home.
I am looking for someone who can be a true friend for life. He should be calm, understanding, caring, loving, and at least be moderately religious. While I believe in Allah, I expect my partner to have the open mind to mingle with people from other religions and backgrounds.
My ideal match would be someone who is successful in his career, well settled and has a positive outlook on life even when the going gets tough.
Why we love this marriage biodata sample?
Notice how this Muslim girl has cleverly managed to include details about her religious belief without sounding too traditional. She has indicated how many time she performs namaz, her Umrah and Hajj trips, and has left her decision open regarding hijab after marriage.
7.Marriage Biodata Format for Christian Girl
Biodata format for marriage – Christian girl
Go ahead, copy and use the descriptions below to create your biodata for marriage.
I am a God-fearing, devout Christian with a positive outlook towards life. I take each day as it comes and believes that God has a plan for every one of us and we will have to be patient with his plan to unfold.
I believe in respecting elders and love the religious as well as cultural traditions of our family. While I am a Tamilian, I have lived all my life in New Delhi and can speak Hindi fluently.
I have a management degree from the Indian Institute of Management, Kozhikode, and work for an IT MNC in New Delhi. I have progressed well in my career and will continue with it after marriage.
I am looking for a God-fearing, honest Roman Catholic Christian. Someone from the same caste will be preferred.
He should be caring, hardworking, and have old-fashioned values such as respect for elders, chivalry, and the deep sense of responsibility to be a torch bearer of the religion and the culture.
Someone who has a successful career, a good educational background and a teetotaler will be an ideal match.
Why we love this template for marriage biodata?
This biodata format for marriage is an example of how a Christian girl projects her beliefs and value systems and the same time striking a balance with contemporary lifestyle. She calls out lifestyle choices and expectations very clearly including offbeat choices such as choosing to be a vegetarian lifestyle when her family is non-vegetarian.
If you just need to download a simple marriage biodata format for marriage so that you can use them as a template, download one of the documents. The first sample bio data below doesn’t include details of parents as well as horoscope relation information. The second marriage biodata format includes both!
8. Click on the image below to download the sample biodata format in Word.
9. Click on the image below to download the modern version of biodata format in Word
10. Marriage biodata format in word – Contemporary Format
We created a contemporary biodata format in Word that you can download to create your own biodata. Please note that this biodata format is applicable to all religions. Photograph is excluded in this biodata format.
11. Marriage biodata in word format – Traditional Hindu
This biodata format for marriage is applicable for traditional Hindus who want to include horoscope/kundli details. This biodata template has no placeholder for your photograph.
12. Marriage biodata in word format – Without horoscope details
This marriage biodata format is applicable to all religions. This biodata template has no placeholder for a photograph.
Once you download a biodata format for marriage template, you can click on the relevant sections to fill in the information based on the labels or instructions.
Need help with writing the descriptions? Click “About Me” and “Expectations“ so that you can copy something that is meaningful and truly represents your personality.
Need real-world examples of how to write about yourself for your marriage biodata? Click here to read our in-depth article.
Note: The content for sample profiles is meant for personal use only and cannot be used for any commercial purpose or by any organisation that stands to profit from it directly or indirectly in any form. All template designs belong to Jodi Logik. They are meant to be used by customers of Jodi Logik if Jodi Logik decides to make them available and cannot be used for commercial purposes.
With Jodi Logik, you have two different options to share your stunning marriage biodata.
1. You can create a detailed and stunning online biodata that you can then circulate via trackable email invitations.
2. You can also choose from one of our 7 stunningly beautiful templates for biodata format for marriage to print a summary version of your biodata or download a PDF copy of your marriage biodata.
Why your biodata format for marriage is useless!
The first step in any arranged marriage is to create a marriage biodata or biodata for marriage. The marriage data comes in handy in the following scenarios:
- Parents can circulate a printed copy of the marriage biodata among family and friends.
- People who express interest through online matrimony expect to see a marriage biodata before initiating a conversation or an arranged marriage first meeting.
But, the challenge is in finding the right format for your marriage biodata. The search term “marriage biodata format” seems to be very popular. On an average, there are over 2000 searches every month for “marriage biodata format” as you can see below.
While there is a big demand for a marriage biodata format, the options available on the Internet fall short of requirements. Here are a few reasons why:
Here are a few reasons why biodata formats for marriage available elsewhere are inadequate!
- Most of the marriage biodata formats available online resemble a job resume. They are devoid of any character (in other words, design) and are boring!
- If you use a generic marriage biodata format, you will end up doing your best to hide your personality and make yourself a part of the “crowd” of marriage biodata that people use.
- Focussing only on hard facts with the aim of shortlisting a prospective match and then sharing more details is a great idea. The only problem is that its a huge waste of your time and invariably sets you up for disappointment. You will realise that when you meet a shortlisted match, they will not meet your expectations or vice versa!
- Not having a custom biodata for marriage makes you a great candidate for outright rejection. Would you buy a soap wrapped in a white paper and has no label on it?
Here is what you will see when you search for a marriage biodata format! If you look closely, you will fall asleep!
That’s why we believe not having a proper marriage biodata format is a lost opportunity for:
- Standing out from the crowd – Differentiate yourself by sharing a biodata that is significantly different from what others typically use.
- Creating a great first impression – Scientists have found that people form an impression in 1/10th of a second. Use a great marriage biodata format for getting noticed and most importantly get more responses from prospective matches.
- Interacting with the right matches – Use the right marriage biodata format to share all the information you will need to weed out mismatched profiles. There is no value in wasting time with people that cannot meet your expectations or vice versa.
10 writing tips for your marriage biodata
We have lined up the best tips for coming up with an attractive marriage biodata.
1. Choose the right template for biodata for marriage: Yes, there are different ways of presenting yourself through your marriage biodata. This depends on what information you want to project. If you choose the wrong biodata model for marriage, you will end up discounting everything you value.
2. Spelling and grammar: Use tools like Grammarly (their free version is good enough) when writing your marriage biodata. Grammar mistakes and spelling errors can get your marriage biodata straight to the trash can.
3. About yourself: Writing about yourself is probably the most important section in any marriage biodata format. Write about your personality, lifestyle, interests, talents, aspirations, and hobbies to name a few. Listing hobbies in marriage biodata for the sake of listing them is no good. Provide specific examples or details such as the name of your favourite book is you have listed reading as a hobby.
4. Profile photograph: This is probably one aspect of your marriage biodata that will decide if you get a call or you will hear silence. So choose your profile photograph wisely. Here are some great tips for creating an attractive matrimonial profile photograph.
5. Express expectations: Being honest and upfront in expressing expectations through your biodata for marriage is a good way to screen people that don’t match your expectations. Please do not list only your dislikes, but don’t shy away from listing non-negotiable (such as smoking, drinking habits).
6. Calling out sensitive information: If you are divorced, have a physical disability or have any other sensitive information that you believe will help others quickly decide if they want to have the next round of conversation, please remember to call it out in your marriage biodata.
7. Horoscope: if you believe in astrology and a horoscope match, include basic information such as your birth star, sub-sect, place and time of birth. A detailed horoscope can be exchanged if there is a preliminary match and interest.
8. Skin colour: While it is OK to include height and body type (lean, medium built, toned to name a few), do not include your skin colour and steer clear of “wheatish complexion” as you are only reinforcing racism and stereotypes! In short, avoid mentioning complexion in marriage biodata. Let your profile photograph speak for itself.
9. Salary or money: Steer clear of your salary or your bank balance in your marriage biodata. You don’t want prospective matches attaching too much importance to your bank balance and marriages should happen for the right reasons.
10. Your family: While it is OK to list the names and occupations of your parents, keep in mind that this is your marriage biodata and not a family biodata for marriage! Listing gory details about your parents and grandparents don’t really make a difference at this stage of the arranged marriage.
We created 7 different family description samples for your marriage biodata that you can reuse! Click here to read the samples.